Tuesday 6 January 2015

"I am a Saint Compairing to the Kind of Government we have Today and what is Left to be Achieved" - IBB

Former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida has said with the level of corruption happening in Nigeria today, he can boldly refer to himself as a saint when he ruled the country for 8years.
According to General Babangida, whose claims are contained in the latest edition of the Economic and Financial Crimes quarterly magazine, zero tolerance, Babangida said he was able to manage the little $7bn oil revenue the government made then with visible achievements, compared to $200bn - $300bn today’s Government earn, with a lot still left to be achieved.
“Maybe I have to accept that but anybody with a sense of fairness has no option but to call us saints. I give you an example, in a year; I was making less than $7 billion in oil revenue but in the same period there were governments that were making between $200 billion and $300 billion.

“With $7 billion, I did the best I could but with $200 billion there is still a lot to be achieved. I don’t have all the facts but if what I read in the papers is what is currently happening, then I think we were saints,” he stated in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisements